The VenaSeal Closure System is the only FDA approved procedure that uses an injection of medical adhesive to close varicose veins. The treatment is designed to close the vein and reroute blood to nearby healthy veins, providing the patient symptom relief. Because this adhesive works immediately to close the vein, you do not need to wear compression stockings after the procedure, unlike thermal energy procedures.
Benefits of VenaSeal:
- Simple outpatient procedure
- Fast recovery time – you can return to normal activities the same day
- You don’t need to wear compression stockings after the procedure
- Symptoms should improve as soon as the diseased vein is closed
What are the most common side effects?
- Pain at the incision site
- Inflammation in the area
- Bruising at incision site
- Some patients have experienced an allergic reaction to the glue
Venaseal may be covered by your insurance. Each patient insurance plan is different. Our practice will help you determine if Venaseal is right for you and if you have medical benefits for coverage.