M.D., F.A.C.S, RVT, RPVI
Dr. Norton has been a surgeon in Denver since 1989. Dr. Norton’s practice specializes in treating vein disease. In 2003 she established the Denver Vein Center and Aesthetic Laser Specialists, where diseases of veins, specifically varicose veins and spider veins are treated using minimally invasive techniques with the newest available lasers and technologies. In addition, her practice provides laser aesthetic services, Botox, Juvederm, Voluma, Kybella and CoolSculpting and Medical Skin Care Products for the treatment of wrinkles, skin laxity, hair removal, pigmented lesions, age spots, sun spots, and skin rejuvenation.
From 2008-2017, Dr. Norton was the medical director at Saint Joseph Hospital Breast Care Center. She focused on the care of patients with breast cancer and breast disease. Dr. Norton was one of the first surgeons in Denver to begin using the technique of sentinel lymph node biopsies. She established the weekly multidisciplinary Breast Conference at Saint Joseph Hospital where the treatment plans for each patient diagnosed with breast disease or breast cancer are reviewed by the physicians and the entire team caring for the patient. Dr. Norton has now moved her Breast practice to Rose Medical Center where she continues to provide quality care for her patients.
Dr. Norton’s interests include traveling with her husband, skiing, hiking, and biking.
Philosophy of Care: “Knowledge is power”. It sounds cliché. However, there is some misinformation regarding varicose veins and the mindset that it is a cosmetic problem. Varicose veins are a medical condition that if left untreated can lead to more complications, including venous ulcers and spontaneous bleeding. At the Denver Vein Center, I use my training as a registered vascular technician (RVT) and Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) to perform an ultrasound and diagnose the patient at their consultation. We make sure to educate patients about the disease and interventions that can help alleviate their symptoms. We also teach patients healthy habits for long-term leg health.
This same philosophy applies to the care of patients with Breast Cancer. When a patient learns she has breast cancer I educate her about the disease and treatments. This alleviates a lot of anxiety and stress. The majority of women diagnosed with breast cancer will survive their breast cancer. Dr. Norton believes that breast health care and cancer treatments take a team to provide care for the whole person. Our goal is to provide the best diagnostic, surgical, clinical and supportive care available. This can include nutrition, physical therapy, genetic counseling and many other services if needed. To Reach Dr. Norton at her Breast Center, please call (303) 377-3335.
In 2018, Dr. Norton partnered with EVEXIAS Medical Centers and Dr. Terri DeNeui to open EVEXIAS Medical Denver. At EVEXIAS, Dr. Norton is now offering Biodentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). As a Breast Surgeon, Dr. Norton is keenly aware of how the loss of hormones affects quality of life. “I’m excited to share with patients what I’ve learned in personal experience as well as the training I’ve done over the last 18 months. Balancing ones Hormone’s can improve quality of life immensely. ”
- University of Arizona, B.A. with Distinction, Biochemistry, 1985
- University of Arizona, M.D., 1989
- University of Colorado, General Surgery Internship and Residency, 1989
- University of Colorado, Chief Resident 1994
- Board Certification:
- American Board of Surgery, 1995
- American Board of Surgery, Recertification, 2003
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification, 1991
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Recertification, 1999
- Registered Vascular Technician, 2011
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI), 2014
- Evexipel Hormone Replacement Therapy, 2018
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1995 – Present
- Member, American College of Phlebology
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Member, ARDMS
- Member, Arapahoe-Douglas Medical Society
- Member, Colorado Medical Society
- Member, Denver Medical Society
- Member, Rose Medical Center Peer Review and Quality Control, 1997-2000
- Member, Bonfils Blood Center-Board Member 1999-2004, Board President 2004
- Member, Denver Academy of Surgeons-Board Member 1999-2004, Board President 2005
- Member, Swedish Medical Center Peer Review Committee, 2005-2007
- Member, Vein Affiliates
- Member, Vein Experts
- Former Medical Director, Swedish Medical Center/Sally Jobe Breast Program 2000-2008
- Former Medical Director, Saint Joseph Hospital Breast Care Center
- Current Board Member, Medical Advisor, Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
Denver Vein Center
Vein Treatment & Aesthetic Laser Specialists
Denver Vein Center offers quality laser vein treatment for your unwanted veins. Contact us to learn more about the services we offer.