Meet Dr. Norton
M.D., F.A.C.S, RVT, RPVI
Dr. Norton has been a surgeon in Denver since 1989. Dr. Norton’s practice specializes in treating vein disease. In 2003 she established the Denver Vein Center and Aesthetic Laser Specialists, where diseases of veins, specifically varicose veins and spider veins are treated using minimally invasive techniques with the newest available lasers and technologies. In addition, her practice provides laser aesthetic services, Botox, Juvederm, Voluma, Kybella and CoolSculpting and Medical Skin Care Products for the treatment of wrinkles, skin laxity, hair removal, pigmented lesions, age spots, sun spots, and skin rejuvenation.
From 2008-2017, Dr. Norton was the medical director at Saint Joseph Hospital Breast Care Center. She focused on the care of patients with breast cancer and breast disease. Dr. Norton was one of the first surgeons in Denver to begin using the technique of sentinel lymph node biopsies. She established the weekly multidisciplinary Breast Conference at Saint Joseph Hospital where the treatment plans for each patient diagnosed with breast disease or breast cancer are reviewed by the physicians and the entire team caring for the patient. Dr. Norton retired from Breast Surgery in December 2018. She is now focusing her efforts on preventative care by opening Evexias Medical Denver. She is providing patients with a new approach to healthcare, focusing on balancing hormones.
Dr. Norton’s interests include traveling with her husband, skiing, hiking, and biking.
Philosophy of Care: “Knowledge is power”. It sounds cliché. However, there is some misinformation regarding varicose veins and the mindset that it is a cosmetic problem. Varicose veins are a medical condition that if left untreated can lead to more complications, including venous ulcers and spontaneous bleeding. At the Denver Vein Center, Dr. Norton uses her training as a registered vascular technician (RVT) and Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) to perform an ultrasound and diagnose the patient at their consultation. Dr. Norton and staff make sure to educate patients about the disease and interventions that can help alleviate their symptoms. Also teaching patients healthy habits for long-term leg health.
In 2018, Dr. Norton partnered with EVEXIAS Medical Centers and Dr. Terri DeNeui to open EVEXIAS Medical Denver. At EVEXIAS, Dr. Norton is now offering Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). As a Breast Surgeon, Dr. Norton is keenly aware of how the loss of hormones affects quality of life. “I’m excited to share with patients what I’ve learned in personal experience as well as the training I’ve done over the last 2 years. Balancing ones Hormone’s can improve quality of life immensely. ”
In an effort to expand her horizons further, in 2019, Dr. Norton started a fellowship program in Integrative Healthcare through the University of Arizona. Her continued search for the best treatment alternatives for her patients is at the cornerstone of Dr. Norton’s philosophy of care.
- University of Arizona, B.A. with Distinction, Biochemistry, 1985
- University of Arizona, M.D., 1989
- University of Colorado, General Surgery Internship and Residency, 1989
- University of Colorado, Chief Resident 1994
- Board Certification:
- American Board of Surgery, 1995
- American Board of Surgery, Re-certification, 2003
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification, 1991
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Re-certification, 1999
- Currently enrolled in a Fellowship for Integrative Medicine
- Registered Vascular Technician, 2011
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI), 2014
- Evexipel Hormone Replacement Therapy, 2018
- Member, EVEXIPEL Therapy, 2018
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons, 1995 – Present
- Member, American College of Phlebology
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Member, ARDMS
- Member, Arapahoe-Douglas Medical Society
- Member, Colorado Medical Society
- Member, Denver Medical Society
- Member, Rose Medical Center Peer Review and Quality Control, 1997-2000
- Member, Bonfils Blood Center-Board Member 1999-2004, Board President 2004
- Member, Denver Academy of Surgeons-Board Member 1999-2004, Board President 2005
- Member, Swedish Medical Center Peer Review Committee, 2005-2007
- Member, Vein Affiliates
- Member, Vein Experts
- Former Medical Director, Swedish Medical Center/Sally Jobe Breast Program 2000-2008
- Former Medical Director, Saint Joseph Hospital Breast Care Center
- Current Board Member, Medical Advisor, Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- Fit Physical Therapy Panel on Lymphedema, Venous Insufficiency, and Chronic Swelling