Bothered by the Fullness Beneath Your Chin?
67% of people are! KYBELLA® is the answer to what healthcare providers call “Submental fullness”
Submental fullness due to fat beneath the chin can impact a broad range of both male and female adults. Some possible causes are:
- Weight Gain
Sometimes, even with diet or exercise, the condition may not go away, and it could make you appear older or heavier than you actually are.
KYBELLA® is the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat beneath the chin by physically destroying fat cells.
How does KYBELLA® work?
- When injected into the area beneath your chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
- The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- Fat cleared from the treatment area is processed through your body’s natural metabolism.
Once the aesthetic response is achieved, further treatment with KYBELLA® is not expected.
79% of people treated with KYBELLA® in clinical studies had improved satisfaction with the appearance of the area beneath their chin.
How many treatment sessions will I need?
- Your healthcare provider will help you
determine how many treatment sessions
you need based on the amount and
distribution of your submental fat and
your personal treatment goals
- Up to 6 treatments may be administered,
spaced no less than 1 month apart
- Fifty-nine percent of people treated with KYBELLA® in clinical studies received
How is KYBELLA® administered?
- KYBELLA® is given during an in-office visit. The injection process may take
15 to 20 minutes
- Your healthcare provider will give you a series of injections into the fat under
your chin at each treatment session
What can I expect after my treatment session?
- or most patients, downtime occurred most commonly after the first treatment session
- You should be able to resume your daily activities, but are likely to have swelling, so
keep your social plans and work commitments in mind when scheduling your treatment
- Prior to your treatment session, your healthcare provider may apply ice/cold packs or
topical and/or injectable local anesthesia to the treatment area to make you more comfortable
- After treatment, apply ice or a cold pack to the treatment area for 10 to 15 minutes,
Will there be side effects?
- KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness (experienced by 4 out of 100 people in clinical studies) and trouble swallowing (experienced by 2 out of 100 people in clinical studies)
- The most common treatment area side effects include:
- Areas of hardness
KYBELLA® may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You don’t want surgery
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier than you actually are
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness does not go away
Ready to schedule your KYBELLA® treatment?
Call now and make your appointment for a FREE evaluation with one of our experienced nurses to see if KYBELLA® is right for you.